Tuesday, June 26, 2012

ONE DAY revisted, June 21st 2012


 
Back on June 21st 2010, the longest day in the northern hemisphere and the shortest in the southern, ten photographers, Jessica Backhaus, Gerry Badger, John Gossage, Todd Hido, Rob Hornstra, Rinko Kawauchi, Eva Maria Ocherbauer, Martin Parr, Alec Soth and myself all set out to make a book in a day. The result was published by Kehrer and launched at Paris Photo in November 2010.

Last year and again this, on June 21st I set out to revisit the day and make some photographs. So too did John Gossage. He sent me these which he tells me recounts the famous Danish folk tale of how Thilde finds that even the smallest things can have the most profound effect.




And the question we always ask.


Here is what I shot, with a common thread of loss and abandonment.





1 comment:

Thorsten Vieth said...

Harvey, lovely idea to continue the One Day idea. Still one of the publications I cherish the most of all my photobooks.